At TerraShops, we value code. Therefore, TerraShops public API allows developers to benefit from our community and build their own TerraShop-powered applications. These terms inform you about your rights and obligations when using TerraShops Application Program Interface (API).
The TerraShops Intellectual Property Policy is incorporated by reference into this API Terms, and while TerraShops members hold the ownership rights to their own content.
1. Limited License on the TerraShops API
You’re entitled to a limited, personal, non-sub licensable, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable license to access and use the TerraShops API to create and run websites and applications that are in compliance with our policies. We reserve the right to charge for access to, or use of, the API in the future. Should you violate the API Terms, we may revoke your access or ban or terminate your account.
Please note that any agreement entered into in connection to our API Policy, supersedes these API Terms.
2. API Agreement Acceptance and Changes
Transparency is important to us, and therefore, we need you to provide correct information at the point of signing up for our API terms, and to keep your information with us up-to-date. We also require you to comply with our access security requirements – this includes two-factor authentication, wherever available.
You are solely responsible for informing TerraShops of any changes to your registration information by updating your account or contacting us at [email protected] If we discover that your account information is not complete, outdated, or inaccurate, we may contact you to effect the changes. If you fail to provide us with complete and correct contact information, we may suspend or even terminate your access to the TerraShops API. You are responsible for your API and account security; as such, if you believe your account has been compromised, or you suspect any security concerns, contact us immediately at [email protected]
We may make updates or changes to these API Terms from time to time, and if the changes are material, we will notify you via email (through the email associated with your account). You agree that we have your consent to send you these non-marketing messages and you further agree that it is your responsibility to review the changes to our API.
To continue enjoying access to the API, you must accept the updated API Terms. If we send you a notice of a material change in the API Terms that requires you to affirmatively accept the change, and you refuse or fail to accept the updated API Terms and other applicable policies within 30 days of notice of these updates, we may suspend or terminate your access to the API.
In case of all other updates, your continued use of the API for a period of up to 30 days after we’ve notified you of an update will constitute your acceptance of such updated API Terms.
3. Privacy, Intellectual Property, and Security
You may come across content created by other persons (user generated content), as well users’ personal information when using our API. Please bear in mind that these contents are not owned by us – rather, they are owned by TerraShops users. You are responsible for ensuring that you do not infringe on the intellectual property rights over these user-generated content.
4. Using of the API
TerraShops is committed to maintaining a sustainable community. We therefore expect that your use of our API will be in compliance with our principles. So, we reserve the right to refuse your access or service to our API for any reason and at any time. If we discover that your application, content, or your processing of data are not in the agreement with these Terms, we may take action against your account by terminating your API access, suspending your account privileges, or terminating all of your related accounts.
You agree that the sole responsibility of your use of the API remains with you. You further agree that if you’re offering your application to other TerraShops members, you will provide them with support responding to inquiries from members in a timely fashion.
We expect you to always comply with our rules and policies. Just so we know we are on the same page, you are prohibited from doing any of the following:
- Trying to do a replica of TerraShops, or duplicate TerraShops content, or tamper with or circumvent our checkout process.
- Circumventing or attempting to circumvent any security features or technical limitations of TerraShops API.
- Disrupting the flow or user experience on TerraShops – includes modifying the look, feel, or content of the TerraShops Website, Apps, or Services; introducing a virus; or other malware.
- Sell, lease, or otherwise transfer our API or member information to any third party.
- Using the API or TerraShops member data with a third-party advertising or marketing platform.
- Using the API to collect, scan, or otherwise request TerraShops content for analytics, machine learning, licensing, or content removal without our express consent.
- Modifying the API in any manner or form.
- Transmitting spam, unsolicited marketing communications, or any other content that breaches any of TerraShops policies or the applicable laws.
- Misrepresenting your affiliation with TerraShops. For example, failing to comply with Section 6 of these API Terms.
- Uploading, posting, collecting, or storing member ID and password combinations.
- Reverse engineering or accessing internal or legacy APIs or data feeds.
- Manipulating automated systems to access, analyze, or scrape our website, including our API, without our express written approval.
- Attempting to harm or damage TerraShops or TerraShops members.
- Combining your application or website code with the API in a way (such as using a software license) that is incompatible with the Terms.
- Using the API in a way that causes a safety or security risk to TerraShops or its users.
- Using the API in a manner that is not in agreement with data protection principles including subject access requests, where available to data subjects.
- Attempting to use the API in a way that is not transparent with TerraShops or users regarding the objective of your processing of user data; for example, you may not combine TerraShops user data with other sources of data about them without the consent of TerraShops and the users.
5. Commercial Use
We encourage innovative ideas; and because of that, we permit reasonable commercial uses of the API. Examples of permitted, reasonable commercial uses include:
- Charging users a fee for parts of your application that don’t integrate with our API, such as advice, consulting, or engaging in the sale of your own products or services not competitive with TerraShops.
- Displaying advertisement in your application, as long as you are not misleading or abusing other TerraShops users; you comply with all applicable advertising-related laws, disclosures, and industry standards; and the advertising is not using, or collecting information tied to, member data obtained via the API.
- Any use that is expressly authorized by TerraShops.
We Prohibit the following, unreasonable commercial uses (the uses are not limited to this list):
- Selling or giving any third party the API, member content (that is not your own), or access to the API or content.
- Charging a fee to use or access any part of your application that integrates with the API and that TerraShops provides to members free of charge.
- Using the API primarily to drive traffic to other non-TerraShops websites or services.
- Using the API in a manner unrelated to seller or buyer activity, such as to determine information about TerraShops internal systems or to perform marketing analytics, without the permission of TerraShops.
- Using the API to obtain information on, track, or surveil TerraShops members or their content in a manner that would otherwise require (i) valid legal civil or criminal process, or (ii) express permission from the affected members.
- Using the API to assist in creating databases of identifying information for any government or government sponsored entity (irrespective of any stated national security purpose) to abolish any human rights, civil rights, or civil liberties on the basis of race, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or national origin, or otherwise in a manner that, in TerraShops view, would violate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, including without limitation Articles 12, 18, or 19.
- Using the API in any manner that violates TerraShops Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Using the API in a manner that violates the privacy of TerraShops or TerraShops users.
6. TerraShops logos
Stick to originality! You agree that you will not use TerraShops logos, signature colors, layout, text, or other materials in a way that suggests endorsement from or affiliation with TerraShops. Likewise, you must never create or use a mark that is confusingly similar to our trademarks. Your use of the TerraShops marks is subject to our Trademark Policy. Your application remains your own creation, TerraShops marks must be less prominent than your own. If you wish to publicize or share your application, you may say that: “it was created using TerraShops API”. You cannot state that your application is endorsed or certified by TerraShops.
To avoid any confusion, we mandate you to display this notice boldly on your application: “The term ‘TerraShops’ This application uses the TerraShops API but is not endorsed or certified by TerraShops.”
7. Indemnification of TerraShops
When you create and provide an application using the TerraShops API, you (and your successors in interest) agree not to sue TerraShops or our members on intellectual property, data breach, security, or data protection claims related to your application, or related to the TerraShops technologies that make your application possible.
Furthermore, you will not bring any intellectual property infringement claim, nor assist any third party in doing so, against TerraShops or our members, in relation to your use of, and access to, the API (including how your application interacts with TerraShops, the Site, the Apps, or the Services). In clearer terms, this paragraph relates to your use of and access to the TerraShops API, not to the content of any Terra Shop you may control. To learn more information about limitations of liability (the stuff you can’t sue us for), click here.
You are an independent data controller under European Union law. However, if you are found to be joint data controllers with TerraShops of user personal information, and if TerraShops is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did as a joint data controller of user personal information, you agree to indemnify TerraShops for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of user personal information.