TerraShops is a marketplace where sellers all over the world offer creative, and sustainable products to buyers for purchase. We want you to have a smooth and hitch-free experience when you shop on our platform; for this reason, we have provided this policy to ensure you’re covered. We urge you to read through this policy to know more about your rights and our expectations of you as a buyer on TerraShops.
Understanding TerraShops Limitations as a Venue
TerraShops is a platform for buyers to find and buy products/items from sellers from all over the world. Please note that we are not a part of the transaction between you and a seller. By shopping on TerraShops, you agree to the following:
- You are making your purchase from one of the many sellers on TerraShops and not directly from us.
- We do not guarantee or endorse any items/products sold or content posted on TerraShops and as such, we don’t pre-screen sellers.
- Every seller on our platform have their own processing times, shipping methods, and shop policies. We do not determine any of those.
- You have the right to flag any item or product that violates any of our policies – flagging remains confidential, we do not disclose your identity.
Communications with Other TerraShops Members
Messages are a great way to find out information about a product or an order from a seller. We encourage you to make use of TerraShops Messages (“Messages”) tool in communicating directly with sellers or other members of the TerraShops Community. We urge you to refrain from abusing this feature, and this is why we prohibit the following activities:
- Harassing or abusing other members of the TerraShops community or otherwise violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Contacting a TerraShops Member even after they have expressly warned you not to; or
- Interfering with another member’s transaction or the business. Examples of interference include:
- Sending unsolicited advertisement or promotional or spam messages;
- Contacting another member via TerraShops Messages to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item.
- Publishing posts in public areas to show or discuss a dispute with another member of TerraShops.
- Making a purchase from a seller with the sole objective of leaving a negative review.
We strictly prohibit using of TerraShops Messages to harass or abuse other members. As such, Messages must not be used to support or glorify hatred or in any way, violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
Should you receive a Message that violates this policy, kindly reach out to us at [email protected].
Buying on TerraShops
Whenever you make a purchase on TerraShops, you’re supporting a unique and independent business. By purchasing on TerraShops, you agree to the following:
- You have read the product description and shop policies before going ahead with payment;
- Submitted correct payment for item(s) purchased;
- Provided the seller with the correct or accurate shipping information;
- To comply with our TerraShops Policies at all times.
Leaving a Review or Rating on a product
If you wish to learn about a seller’s products/items, help good sellers build a solid reputation, or warn other buyers about a seller with poor service deliveries, then reviews are the best way to do that.
After your estimated delivery date, you can leave a review - includes a one to five-star rating of your purchase – for 90 days after your item’s estimated delivery date. If there’s no estimated delivery date, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. You are at liberty to edit your review during that 90-day period. After leaving a review, your review and your information name will be publicly displayed on the seller’s listing.
You agree that when you leave a review, it will not contain the following:
- Private information;
- Obscene, racist, or harassing language or depictions;
- A violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy and other policies;
- Medical drug claims that are prohibited;
- Advertising, promotional messages or spam;
- Things beyond the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, TerraShops, or a third party;
- Threats or extortion;
- Shilling or in any way, falsely inflating a shop’s review; or
- Content that undermine the integrity of the TerraShops Reviews system.
By uploading photos on our website, you agree to the following:
- That you're the owner or rights holder of the photos or you have the permission to make use of them; and
Creating and Uploading Content
TerraShops members are at liberty to create and upload their own content such as text, messages, photos and videos. We are committed to keeping our community safe, and in view of that, you agree that you shall not post content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or in any way, in violation of our Anti- Discrimination Policy.
- Obscene or vulgar.
- In violation of a third party’s l privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
TerraShops Case System
Disputes may come up at any time in connection with a transaction between a buyer and seller. This is why we have created the TerraShops Case System, just in case your transaction does not go according to plan.
You agree that by using TerraShops Case system, you understand that we may use your personal information in resolving disputes between you and other TerraShops members. As a buyer, you can utilize TerraShops case system in resolving a dispute with the seller in the event of a non-delivery or if a product you receive is not as described in the listing. (Click here to find out more about cases, including your eligibility for opening a case, and how to escalate a case to TerraShops.)
If your preferred resolution is a refund, note that we only support “on-platform refunds for a period of “90 days” post-transaction. Upon the expiration of this 90-day window, we cannot provide on- platform refunds for your order. You are at liberty to contact the seller directly, in order to come to an off-platform resolution. We will issue your refunds in your original form of payment, and in the event that such payment is unavailable, we will issue TerraShops credit.
This can happen when a buyer does not receive an item which was ordered. Here are instances of non-delivery cases:
- No proof that the product or item was shipped to the buyer.
- A product was not sent to the address provided on the TerraShops platform.
Not as Described
A product is not as described if the buyer can prove that it is sufficiently different from the seller’s listing description or photos. The following are a few examples of not as described cases:
- The received product or item is a different color, type, model, version, or size.
- The item comes in a different design or material.
- The seller did not disclose that a product is damaged or is missing some parts.
- The buyer received the wrong quantity of items (e.g., the buyer bought five items but received only four).
- The product was advertised as authentic but it turned out to be a fake.
- The product is described as new but turned out to be used.
You can also file Not as described cases for late delivery. To qualify as late delivery, the buyer must satisfy the following conditions:
- The products(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) become useless after that date.
- The seller failed to ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the agreed date in Terrashops Messages.
Should TerraShops determine that a product is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the order – this includes original shipping and return shipping. If we need to refund the return shipping cost on behalf of the seller, we may do so in the form of a TerraShops Credit. Click here, to find out more about TerraShops Credits.
Disputes on TerraShops cover a limited scope. Certain disputes do not qualify for our case system. Examples of these include where:
- Products are damaged by the shipping carrier (if the goods were properly packaged by the seller).
- Products that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after they have been received by the buyer.
- Products that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date as a result of shipping delays.
- Products that are returned to the seller without a return agreement.
- Products that are accurately described but do not meet the expectations of the buyer.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Products that are bought in person.
- Products that are prohibited from being sold on TerraShops – including services, and intangible goods.
- Transactions where payment is not made through the TerraShops checkout system.
On TerraShops, only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers are permitted to request that a seller cancels an order via the TerraShops Messaging system in the buyers account..
Take Note that all cancellations must be in compliance with our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
Returning an Item
Every seller has his or her own return policies – we expect them to post this in their Shop Policies. Not every seller accepts returns. If you are resident in the European Union, you may be entitled to a 14-day “cooling off period,” or a “right of withdrawal,” during which you may return an item for any reason. For more about the EU right of withdrawal, read this Help article.