TerraShops is a platform dedicated to the buying and selling of sustainable products, between buyers and sellers worldwide. We are committed to providing you with a satisfying experience on TerraShops. As a seller on TerraShops, you have certain rights available for your enjoyment as well as other stuff which we expect from you. Whether you’re a first time or old seller, you'll definitely want to read the rest of this policy as it contains very important information necessary for you to operate as a seller.
What you can sell on TerraShops
TerraShops is a unique marketplace.
Buyers all around the world, come to our platform to purchase products that they are not likely to find elsewhere. In line with our objectives, every item listed for sale on TerraShops must follow sustainable practices.
What are sustainable products?
Sustainable products simply put, are items that provide environmental, social and economic benefits while protecting public health and environment over their whole life cycle, from raw materials extraction to final disposal.
As a sustainable brand, we view values, such as environmental impact, and ethical supply chains, with equal importance to profit-making.
Learn more through our full Sustainable Practices Policy here.
If you deal in sustainable products as a seller on TerraShops, you agree that your production follows processes and systems that are:
- Using non-toxic sustainable materials.
- Conserving energy and natural resources.
- Economically useful.
- Safe and healthy for workers, communities, and consumers.
- Socially and creatively rewarding for all working people.
We urge you to be transparent about production processes and the origin of your products. You are at liberty to share the types of social or environmental attributes tied to your items – such as organic or recycled. You can also select the location of manufacture.
What you cannot sell on TerraShops
Remember that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for us to review; therefore, we may remove any listing or terminate any account that violates any of our policies. You’ll still be required to settle any outstanding fees on your TerraShops statement. Read our Fees & Payments Policy for more information.
Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
With transparency as our watchword, we expect you to honestly and accurately represent yourself, your products, and your business. You agree that by selling on TerraShops, you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your Profile.
- Respect and uphold your Shop Policies.
- Accurately represent your products in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has infringed on your intellectual property rights, please report it to TerraShops.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate shops or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, carts or sales) for the purpose of manipulating search or circumventing Terrashops policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
Communications with Other TerraShops Members
We have made TerraShops Messages available to you to facilitate direct communication with your buyers or other TerraShops members. Messages provide the perfect avenue for buyers to find out details about your products and listings.
We prohibit the following activities in connection with the use of Messages:
- Sending of unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam.
- Causing harassment or abuse to another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with or disrupting a transaction or the business of other members.
Examples of interference include contacting another member through TerraShops Messages to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item; posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member; purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review.
We seriously prohibit using the TerraShops Messages to harass other members. Also, Messages must not be used to support or glorify hatred or violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. Should you receive a Message that violates this policy, please promptly inform us.
Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
As a data controller (that is someone who takes the decisions on what personal data is collected and why it is collected) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the TerraShops Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honor requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, you are responsible for the security of the buyer’s personal information; therefore, if you disclose such information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are accountable for that unauthorized disclosure – includes, for instance, disclosures you make or inadvertent data breaches.
For example, when you are involved in a transaction with a buyer, you may receive his/her email address or other information as a result. We only permit such information for TerraShops-related communications or for TerraShops-facilitated transactions only. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Subject to other applicable TerraShops policies and laws, you may not add any TerraShops member to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information without the buyer’s consent. Take note that you’re responsible for knowing the standard of consent required at any particular time. If TerraShops and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if TerraShops is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify TerraShops for the expenses it incurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
Creating and Uploading Content
You create and upload various types of content, such as listings, Messages, text, photos, and videos. In order to maintain our sustainable driven community and keep it safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Obscene or vulgar.
- In violation of a third-party’s privacy or Intellectual property rights.
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
Building Good Reputation via our Reviews System
Reviews are a perfect means for you to build a great reputation on TerraShops. Buyers can choose to leave a review, including a one to five-star rating and a photograph of their purchase, within 90 days after their item’s estimated delivery date. If there is no estimated delivery date, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have expired. Buyers are allowed to edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 90-day period.
In the rare event that you receive an unfavorable review, you can contact the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
You agree that when using or interacting with the TerraShops Review system, your response to reviews shall not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery.
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims.
- Contain advertising or spam.
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, TerraShops or a third party.
- Contain threats or extortion.
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score.
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
Providing Great Customer Service
In line with our customer-friendly principles, we expect our sellers to provide the highest level of customer service. You agree that by selling on TerraShops, you will:
- Respect and uphold your shipping and processing times. Sellers are required to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country. Read more in our Shipping Policy.
- Respond to Messages in a timely fashion.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Dispute Resolution team can help through our case system.
- In the event that you are unable to complete an order, you must let the buyer know and cancel the order. Read about how to cancel an order in this Help article.
- As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers.
Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
Asides our policies, every country has its own laws on shipping, cancellations, returns, and exchanges. Ensure that you get familiar with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
If you fail to complete a transaction, you must let the buyer know via TerraShops Messages or email and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event that a dispute arises. All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy.
European Union Right of Withdrawal
As a buyer in the European Union (EU), you may be entitled to a 14-day “right of withdrawal” after you have received a purchased item, during which you may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state. Please note that these do not apply to custom products or certain perishable goods. Rights with respect to digital products vary by EU member state.
TerraShops Case System
We encourage buyers to reach out to sellers directly and try to resolve any outstanding disputes before opening a case on TerraShops. For this reason, it is vital that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Messages from your buyers.
Buyers may file a case for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You have three days (or the time noted by us in the case) to respond to any open cases within three days. TerraShops may request your assistance in resolving a case opened against your shop. TerraShops reserves the right to escalate a case early for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, case manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system.
You understand and agree that TerraShops may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. Cases can be filed in the following circumstances:
A non-delivery happens when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. Here are examples of non-delivery case:
- No proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- The product was not sent to the address provided on TerraShops.
Not as Described
This occurs if the buyer can prove that the received product is significantly different from your listing description or your photos. Instances of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of products (e.g., the buyer purchased two products but only received one).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is a fake.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (the item is described as new but is used).
Buyers can also file not as described cases as late delivery. In order to qualify, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller failed to ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date
agreed upon in Messages.
If TerraShops determines that an item is not as described, you will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping.
Certain disputes don’t qualify for TerraShops case system.
- Items that are damaged by the shipping carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer’s expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on TerraShops, including services and intangible goods.
- Transactions where payment is not made via TerraShops checkout system.
We urge buyers and sellers to settle amicably when the dispute is ineligible for our case system.